Sunday, January 15, 2012

When You Rise, I Rise

Oh, my heart yearns and longs
For the One who loves me
How my soul is thirsty
It is His to own

Your piercing gaze
Is all I need
Your death for me
Enough
And when You rise
I rise
When You rise
I rise

You are more than lovely
Jesus
My Lord
The cross you bore
The story told
Oh, how it's beauty awakens me
It's blood drenched tale of old

Take me
Make me
A man who loves like You


All throughout the past month, the Lord has been teaching me about His story. The old, old story of how a Savior came from glory. And how the story I am in here on earth is one that He has written just for me. He has been teaching me through the scripture, through speakers that come through chapel (amazing how He does that, huh? If we quiet ourselves and listen to Him, He will always confirm His word through the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses - 2 Corinthians 13:1, Matthew 18:16), as well as a other sources like authors, etc. Don Miller is one of those authors. He's kind of my literary hero at the moment.

The Story. How we are all a part of it and how we have the fragile task of staying on the written page and write what He wants us to write and become the "characters" He wants us to be. How we all have opportunities in our lives to write with His hand a story that brings Him glory, honor and praise. And how if we are not careful to listen closely to the heart of the Author and walk with Him as He leads us, we will stray off the written page and enter into a part of the story that leads us far, far away from Him.

All of this is something I am gonna try and bring to the page as part of my short bloggings. Really cool and fascinating stuff how He can thrill us with His story. We are in His image. He loves a good story.

Anyway, the poem I began with tells of the theme of our story. And the passion it can ignite in us to live a better story. His story.

~pat

No comments:

Post a Comment