Saturday, June 9, 2012

Too Much Me on my Mind


I am in the middle of a war over the next part of my soul. I feel the heat of shame running through my veins and the power of it trying to take hold of me. Psalm 25:3, however, states that whoever puts their hope in the Lord will never be put to shame.

 Psalm 25

   To you, oh Lord, I lift up my soul, in you I trust, oh my God. Do not let me be put to shame nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse.

   I am very “self aware” right now. Too much me on my mind. How I look. How I dress. How I sing. How I play. How I write music. How I lead in worship. How good of a person I am or am not.  How I make people happy. How I make people sad. How people perceive  me. Are they in love with me? Do they even like me? Can I just do one more thing in front if the people to make them happy? How’s my hair? Should I cut it? How many pimples do I have? I hate my glasses. AAAAAAAHH!!!Oh wretched man I am!! Who can deliver me?(Romans Chapter 8)

JESUS CAN.

 It is time now to impact the lost and hurting and seek God for a continued and radical transformation of my person so that the very life of Jesus can flow through me. Not change me into some kind of robot or android for God, but allow the Holy Spirit to consume me to that point of sanctification in Christ. So the very life of Jesus can be seen in my personality and lifestyle and ways. That the fragrance of Jesus can be released and His presence be made known among the people so that they may be healed and saved and delivered. 


    

No comments:

Post a Comment